About Me

My photo
Carving out a path that is my own through the hilarity of the sacred profanities of life I merge into chaos and order, finding the inner balance within.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

How We Keep Ourselves Apart

I sought the refuge 
of the dark,
to tell you stories
about who I am.

We spent the night
casting meaning upon shadows
that scattered themselves
through the sky,
pointing to the ones
that looked 
the most like us.

Our hearts 
kept wanting to engage 
in conversation
through the delicacy
of a language
that 
neither of us
could speak.

Despite all your
philosophy
about the science of desire
and the human capacity 
to feel,
you understood
I used 
the lyrical 
deluge of my words
to keep you from
getting too close to me,
and you smiled 
wistfully
as you recognised
yourself in me.

1 comment: